NIOS Online Admission 2018
How to get admission in National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) for the Secondary (10th) and Senior Secondary (12th) Courses? This is the obvious question that usually comes in mind when look for the admission in NIOS 2018-19. National Open School (NOS) has made it clear that there is only online mode available to get admission in any courses/ programmes. NIOS conducts the public examination twice in a year i.e. April / May and October/ November. Those who are looking for NIOS Online Admission 2018 may go with either 3 options that are described below-
- Candidate may apply directly for the on-line admission by visit the official website (complete procedure is given below). OR
- You may go to the nearest Accreditation Institutions (study centre)/Facilitation Centre and ask for their help about online registration. OR
- There are various Regional Centres of NIOS available across the country where you can visit any time to know the procedure of NIOS online Admission.
NIOS Admission 2018 Eligibility Criteria
To take admission in Secondary and Senior Secondary courses under National Institute of Open Schooling which are equivalent to 10th and 12th class respectively, you should met with the eligibility criteria details like age limit and educational qualification.
- Secondary Course: To get admission in Secondary Course (10th class) in NIOS, you should possess at least class 8th certificate.
- Senior Secondary Course: For the senior secondary course, you should possess minimum educational qualification as secondary (10th) course or equivalent from the recognized board / institute.
Well! Here’s good news for the NIOS aspirants that there is no upper age limit required for NIOS Admission. For the enrolment in Secondary course, the minimum age required is 14 Years and 15 years for Senior Secondary course.
NIOS Admission through various Streams 2018-19
There are four (4) streams available to get NIOS online admission 2018. Candidates may go with one stream out of four to get on-line admission.
Stream 1 / NIOS Online Admission for All Learners:-
Well!! The stream 1 is common for all learners (i.e. Secondary and Senior Secondary level) and admission remains open throughout the year as per *Block I and *Block II session.
- *Block I- means admission will remain open from March to July, 2018.
- *Block II- means admission will remain open from September to January, 2018.
Stream 2 / NIOS Online Admissions for learners who want to appear in October-November Exam-
- The NIOS Stream 2 online admission will remain open from 20th May to 20th July 2018.
- All the learners who had appeared for the Public Examination of Secondary/ Senior Secondary Levels but could not clear it may take admission for Stream 2 through NIOS online application form.
- Once you applied online, after that you are eligible to appear for the same subject(s) in the October- November Public Examination for the Secondary and Senior secondary course.
Stream 3 / NIOS On-line Admission for learners wanting to appear in On Demand Examination System (ODES) of NIOS for Secondary Level:-
- The NIOS admission will remain open throughout the year.
- The NIOS Stream 3 Admission is for those who have passed Secondary from the recognized board and now want to update their qualification with minimum 1 or maximum 4 additional subjects.
- Those who appeared in the Public Examination but could not clear the Secondary level exam and now wanting to appear in On Demand Examination System (ODES) of NIOS for Secondary Level.
Stream 4 / On-line Admission for learners wanting to appear in On Demand Examination System (ODES) of NIOS for Senior Secondary level:-
- The online admission in NIOS stream 4 scheme is open throughout the year.
- Those who have passed / completed their Senior secondary level exam from the recognized board / university and now looking for to add some subjects in their qualification may take admission through NIOS stream 4.
- Those who appeared in the senior secondary public examination but failed in some or all subjects now may apply online for On Demand Examination System (ODES) of NIOS.
- At present, this scheme is valid for 6 subjects only i.e. Maths, Physics, Business Studies, Hindi, Political Science and Home Science.
- While applying, learners are required to submit the application form along with original-failed/passed mark sheet issued by the Board.
How to apply for National Open School Admission 2018:-
Follow the given below steps-
- Eligible candidates are required to go to the official website of NIOS i.e. http://www.nios.ac.in.
- After that, go through the instructions carefully before to start apply online.
- Now, click on the Apply Online / Online Application Form link.
- Now you will be directed to the other page mentioning about all four streams (their eligibility criteria and admission details).
- Now, go to the login page for online registration and fill the form with correct information.
- Deposit the fee amount through either Online or Demand Draft mode.
- Finally, take the print out of it as hard copy.
NIOS Admission Date 2018
For Stream 1 (for All Learners):-
- Block I
|Sr. No||Starting Date||Closing Date||Fee|
|1||16-03-2018||31-07-2018||without late fee|
|2||01-08-2018||15-08-2018||with late fee of Rs.200/-|
|3||16-08-2018||31-08-2018||with late fee of Rs. 400/-|
|4||01-09-2018||15-09-2018||with late fee of Rs. 700/-|
- Block II
|Sr. No||Starting Date||Closing Date||Fee|
|1||16-09-2017||31-01-2018||Without late fee|
|2||01-02-2018||15-02-2018||with late fee of Rs.200/-|
|3||16-02-2018||28-02-2018||with late fee of Rs. 400/-|
|4||01-03-2018||15-03-2018||with late fee of Rs.700/-|
- For NIOS Stream 2:- Candidates may take admission from 1st May 2017 to 30th June 2017 through online mode only.
- For NIOS Stream 3:- Throughout the year
- For NIOS Stream 4:- Throughout the year
NIOS Admission Fees 2018
Those who are taking admission in National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) will have to deposit the NIOS Admission Fees 2018 through either 3 methods that are given below-
- Through online mode via Credit Card (Master/Visa) or Debit Card (Visa only). OR
- Through Demand Draft (DD) of any nationalized bank in favour of Secretary NIOS payable at Concerned Regional Centre. OR
- Through Challan form.
Registration of NIOS Public Examination:-
Do you want to get registered yourself for the NIOS Public Examination 2018? Then you should be aware about the admission date and fee structure that is given below-
First Public Examination:-
- NIOS will conduct the First Public Examination in April / May 2018.
- Candidates may register themselves from 1st December to 31st December’ 2018 without late fee.
- Those who forget to apply for NIOS first public examination may apply with last fees of R.50/- per subject from 1st January to 10th January 2018.
Second Public Examination:-
- It will conduct in October – November 2018.
- Apply from 1st June 2018 to 30th June 2018 without late fee.
- Apply with late fee of Rs.50/- per subject from 01st July 2018 to 10th July 2018.
NIOS Result 2018
National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) will declared the result with in 6th / 7th weeks of completion of last paper. You may check NIOS Result 2018 online through official website i.e. http://www.nios.ac.in.