NIOS Latest News
- NIOS On Demand Exam for 10th and 12th will start from 15th March 2021. Registration will start from 1st March 2021. How to register?
- NIOS 10th and 12th Class March-April 2021 Public exam will be conducted in June 2021. Register online and deposit exam fees for June 2021.
- NIOS 10th and 12th Hall Ticket for Theory exams released online for January-February 2021 public examination.
- NIOS 10th and 12th Hall Ticket for Practical exams released online for January-February 2021 public examination.
- NIOS 10th/12th Datesheet released online for January-February 2021 public exam.
- Download NIOS Digital Marksheet of Class 10, 12 from Digilocker
- NIOS SWAYAM Learning Portal – Free Registration for any Course online
Most frequent questions and answers
The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) is an Open board which is run by the Ministry of Education, Govt of India. It is a valid board where students pursue Class 10, 12 and Vocational Courses through Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode.
Yes, the NIOS is a recognized board just like the CBSE or any other state board. The only difference between NIOS and Other Boards is NIOS is an Open Board and others are regular boards.
- Flexibility in choosing the Subjects of their choices.
- Flexibility in appearing for exam.
- Admission fees is affordable for everyone.
- NIOS is an Open board so no need to go to school.
- NIOS passed students can get Govt Jobs and appear in any Competitive exam.
- Other board failed/passed students can get admission in NIOS to upgrade their marks.
To get admission in NIOS Class 10, 12 and Vocational Courses, you need to apply online under Stream 1 (Block I, Block II) for registration-
- Go to sdmis.nios.ac.in website.
- Fill admission form online.
- Choose Subjects and Study Centre.
- Upload required Documents.
- Deposit admission fees online.
Once you have submitted the online application form and deposited the admission fees thereafter you may check Class 10, 12 admission status online via Enrollment Number/ Email ID/ Reference Number.
You may take total 7 subjects in NIOS Class 10 and 12. Out of seven subjects, 5 subjects are compulsory and 2 subjects are optional.
At the time of online admission to Class, 10, 12 in NIOS, you are required to upload the scanned copy of the following documents-
- ID Proof
- Birth Certificate
- Previous Qualification Certificate
- Address Proof
- Caste Certificate
Admission under NIOS Stream 1 is open for All Learners. There are 2 blocks in Stream 1 i.e. Block I and Block II.
- Stream 1 Block I– Those who take admission in 10th and 12th class under Stream 1 Block I will appear for the first time in the Public Exam which will be held in March/April.
- Stream 1 Block II– Admission in 10th and 12th class under Stream 1 Block II allows students to appear for the first time in the public exam which will be held in October/November.
To get NIOS 10th and 12th Original Marksheet, you need to visit your NIOS Regional Center and ask for the Original Marksheet.
No, you don’t need to fill any application form to get your NIOS Original Marksheet of Class 10 and 12.
The admission fees for the compulsory 5 subjects in NIOS 10th Class is-
- For Male- Rs.1800/-
- For Female- Rs.1450/-
- For Reserved candidates- Rs.1200/-
The admission fees for the compulsory 5 subjects in NIOS 12th Class is-
- For Male- Rs.2000/-
- For Female- Rs.1650/-
- For Reserved candidates- Rs.1300/-
For each additional subject in class 10 and 12, you need to deposit admission fees of Rs.720/- per subject.
The NIOS Exam Fees for the Class 10 and 12 students is Rs.250/- per subject. However, for the practical subject, student need to deposit additional Rs.120/- per subject.
The NIOS Board conducts the On Demand Exam of Class 10 and 12 throughout the year except in the months of the Public Exam.
The NIOS Board conducts the Public Examination for the Class 10 and 12 students twice in a year – March/April and October/November.
There is On Demand Examination System (ODES) in the NIOS board which provides flexibility to its students to appear for the exam on the date and month of their choice. NIOS conducts On Demand Exam for Class 10, 12 students throughout the year except in the month of the public exam.
The Existing and New Learners of Class 10, 12 can given On Demand Exam in NIOS.
- Existing Learners– Students of NIOS 10th and 12th Class who already taken admission in NIOS.
- New Learners– Other recognized board (CBSE/State Board) students of Class 10 and 12 who failed/passed in the exam can also give On Demand Exam in NIOS upto 4 subjects to upgrade their marks.
After thoroughly examine the Question Papers of On Demand Exam, it has been noted that most of the questions that come in On Demand Exam are from the previous years question papers.
So the best way to pass the NIOS On Demand Exam is to go through the previous 5 years question papers of Class 10 and 12.
- Appear for the exam on the date and month of your choices.
- Other board passed or failed students can also give On Demand Exam in NIOS.
- Other board failed students can save their 1 year if they appear in NIOS On demand exam.
- It provides flexibility to students to appear for the exam.
- Students can upgrade their marks in upto 4 subjects.
The On Demand Exam fees for the Class 10, 12 students is-
- For Theory – Rs.500/- per subject
- For Practical – Rs.200/- per subject
- Existing Learners, can register online for the 10th and 12th Class On Demand Exam through sdmis.nios.ac.in website.
- New Learners of Class 10 can register online through Stream 3 at sdmis.nios.ac.in website.
- New Learners of Class 12 can register online through Stream 4 at sdmis.nios.ac.in website.
Yes, NIOS Board provides study material for your complete course (Class 10/ Class 12/ Vocational) free of cost.
You will be provided a complete Study Material of your course by NIOS itself on your mailing address by post. You may also contact your concerned NIOS Regional Centre for the Study Material.
To know the status of your Study Material, you may contact through a Toll Free Number of NIOS – 1800-180-9393.
Click here, to get NIOS Previous 5 Years Question Papers of all Subjects of Class 10.
Click here, to get NIOS Previous 5 Years Question Papers of all Subjects of Class 12.