All the eligible aspirants may take admission in the 10th class under NIOS Board twice a year, which is under Stream 1 Block 1 and Stream 1 Block 2. This means that for NIOS 10th Admission 2021 you can register online at any time of the year and the necessary date related to it is being given here. Apart from this, you are advised to read through the complete article to know NIOS Secondary Admission – Fees Structure, Last Date, Documents required, Procedure to apply online, check admission status etc.
NIOS Admission 2021 for Class 10 under Stream 1 (Block 1):- Not Started Yet!
NIOS Admission 2021 for Class 10 under Stream 1 (Block 2):- Open
NIOS Class 10 Online Admission
Eligible learners can apply for online admission in class 10 in NIOS Board on https://sdmis.nios.ac.in/ website.
After taking admission in NIOS class 10, you can complete your course under Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode, in which the study material will be provided by the board itself at free of cost.
NIOS board conducts public examinations twice a year for classes 10 and 12, which are held in March-April and October-November.
- If you take admission in NIOS 10th Class under Stream 1 (Block 1) then you may appear for the first time in the public exam in March – April.
- However, the learners who take admission in NIOS Secondary Course under Stream 1 (Block 2) may appear for the first time in the public exam in October-November.
Read Also: NIOS Class 12 Online Admission
NIOS 10th Admission 2021 Last Date
When will online admission start in NIOS class 10 and what is its last date?
Important dates related to the admission under Stream 1 (Block 1 & 2) in NIOS class 10 are given here, which you can see in the table below.
10th Admission Date for Stream 1 (Block 1) in NIOS
- Without Late Fees:- Admission for 10th class in NIOS will start from 16th March 2021 and will remain open till 31st July 2021 without any late fees.
- With Late Fees:- You can take admission in NIOS 10th class from 1st August 2021 to 15th September 2021, for which you will also have to pay late fees.
|#||10th Admission Important Dates (Stream 1 Block 1)||With or Without Late Fees|
|1||March 16, 2021 to July 31, 2021||No Late Fees|
|2||August 1, 2021 to August 15, 2021||with Late Fees of Rs.200/-|
|3||August 16, 2021 to August 31, 2021||with Late Fees of Rs.400/-|
|4||September 1, 2021 to September 15, 2021||with Late Fees of Rs.700/-|
10th Admission Date for Stream 1 (Block 2) in NIOS
- Without Late Fees:- Admission in 10th Class in NIOS Board will remain open from 16th September 2020 to 31st January 2021 without any late fees.
- With Late Fees:- While the online admission in Secondary Course in NIOS will remain open from 1st February 2021 to 15th March 2021 with late fees.
|#||10th Admission Important Dates (Stream 1 Block 2)||With or Without Late Fees|
|1||September 16, 2020 to January 31, 2021||No Late Fees|
|2||February 1, 2021 to February 15, 2021||with Late Fees of Rs.200/-|
|3||February 16, 2021 to February 28, 2021||with Late Fees of Rs.400/-|
|4||March 1, 2021 to March 15, 2021||with Late Fees of Rs.700/-|
What documents you are required for NIOS 10th Admission?
As you know that you can take admission in NIOS only through online mode. So before starting registration for online admission in 10th class, you need to know which documents you will need while filling the online application form.
Before to start filling the NIOS 10th class online application form, you must keep a scanned copy of the following documents mentioned below-
- Photograph of Candidate
- Signature of Candidate
- ID Proof (Aadhar Card)
- Category / Caste Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Address Proof
- Previous Qualification Certificate
Read Also: NIOS 10th Class Books
If you want to get admission to the NIOS board in Secondary Course, then you will have to fulfill the eligibility criteria being told here-
- Must pass 8th grade
- Must be 14 years of age
NIOS Admission Procedure for Class 10
Follow the given below steps to fill the online application form for admission in Secondary Course in NIOS-
Step 1. First of all, visit online the https://sdmis.nios.ac.in/ website.
Step 2. To start online registration for 10th admission, click on “Stream 1 Block 1” or “Stream 1 Block 2”.
Step 3. Start to fill the online application form with accurate information-
Choose the following –
- Select Identity Type (Aadhaar Card, Ration Card etc.)
- Enter Identity Number (i.e. Aadhaar Card Number, Ration Card Number)
- Select Course- Secondary
Step 4. Basic Details of applicant
- Full Name of applicant
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Date of Birth (DOB)
- Select Gender – Male/ Female
- Enter Aadhaar Number, Mobile Number, Email
- Click on “Generate OTP”
For Verification purpose, you will receive an OTP on your registered Mobile Number and Emil ID.
Enter the OTP to verify the details.
- Firstly, fill the Permanent Address
- If your Correspondence Address is the same as the Permanent address then simply tick the box of “Same as Permanent Address”. Otherwise, fill the Correspondence Address also.
Read Also: NIOS Study Material for Class 10
Fill all the mandatory options correctly-
- Social Category/Caste – General, OBC, SC, ST.
- Select Study Medium- English/ Hindi/ Gujarati/ Malayalam/ Sanskrit/ Marathi/ Urdu.
- Your Previous Qualification
- Previous Qualification Status- Pass or Failed/Compartment.
- Declaration– mark the tick button.
Step 5. Optional Details-
- There is no need to give you any information here.
Step 6. Choose Subjects
Here, you have to choose the subjects that you want in 10th class.
- Choose 5 compulsory subjects.
- You can take upto 2 subjects as additional
Step 7. Study Center
Here you have to choose at least 3 NIOS Study Centers according to your preferences so that you can go there to get any information after admission.
- Select the Country,
Step 8. Documents Upload
You have to upload the scanned documents mentioned here like –
- Photo, Signature, Aadhar Card/ Ration Card, Previous Qualification Certificate, Address Proof, Caste Certificate.
Step 9. Review the Online Filled Application Form (if necessary then edit the information).
Step 10. Deposit Fees
Now, deposit the admission fees to complete the registration process for online admission in NIOS Secondary Course.
Apart from this, you will also have to deposit the Online Application Fees of Rs.50/- through Debit Card/ Credit Card, Net Banking.
NIOS 10th Admission Fees
Do you want to know the NIOS 10th Admission Fees structure?
You have to pay the admission fee for the Secondary Course after filling the online admission form. So, from the given below table, you may check how much you have to pay for the 10th class admission fees as per category wise.
|Secondary Course||Fees (for Male- General)||Fees (for Female- General)||for SC/ ST/ Ex-S/ PWD|
|For 5 Compulsory Subjects||Rs.1800/-||Rs.1450/-||Rs.1200/-|
|For an Additional Subject||Rs.720/-||Rs.720/-||Rs.720/-|
How to check NIOS 10th Admission Status?
Well! If you want to check your NIOS 10th Admission Status online then you can do it from sdmis.nios.ac.in website. You can check your admission status online in the 10th class by entering your Email or Reference Number or Enrolment Number.
FAQs- NIOS 10th Admission Question and Answer
Question: How to get admission in NIOS 10th Class?
Answer: All the eligible learners may take admission in Secondary Course in NIOS through online mode only. To do this, you can use any of the 3 mediums mentioned below.
1. You may direct visit online to sdmis.nios.ac.in website and start registration. OR
2. You can get help related to how to fill the online admission form by going to your nearest NIOS Study Center. OR
3. You can go to your nearest NIOS Regional Center and get help related to online admission in 10th class.
Question: When will NIOS 10th admission under Stream 1 (Block 1 & 2) begin?
Answer: The important date related to the commencement of admission in NIOS Secondary Course under Stream 1 (Block 1 & 2) is as follows-
|#||NIOS 10th Admission in Stream 1 Block 1||NIOS 10th Admission in Stream 1 Block 2|
|Starting Date||16th March 2021||16th September 2020|
Question: What is the last date for NIOS Secondary Admission?
Answer: The last date to get online admission in NIOS Secondary Course under Stream 1 (Block 1 & 2) is as-
|#||NIOS 10th Admission in Stream 1 Block 1||NIOS 10th Admission in Stream 1 Block 2|
|Last Date (with no late fees)||31st July 2021||31st January 2021|
|Last Date (with late fees)||15th September 2021||15th March 2021|
Question: When will the public exam be held if I take admission in NIOS 10th class under Stream 1 Block 1?
Answer: Learners who take admission in the NIOS Secondary Course under Stream 1 Block 1 may appear in the public examination to be held in March-April.
Question: When will the public exam be held for the students who took admission in NIOS Class 10 under Stream 1 Block 2?
Answer: Students who have taken admission in NIOS Secondary Course under Stream 1 Block 2 may appear in the public exam to be held in October-November.