All the aspirants who want to get admission in NIOS in Class 10 and Class 12 are informed that there is an online mode only for admission in NIOS Board. In addition, you should know how you can register for NIOS Online Admission at Secondary and Sr. Secondary level courses and where to get help.
Before that, it is very important for you to know whether the NIOS board is a recognized board like other boards CBSE / CISCE or any state board. Yes, the NIOS Board which was established by the Government of India in 1979, is also a national board like CBSE / CISCE. From where you can pursue 10th/ 12th class through distance mode and after that you can get admission in any university/college for higher education.
Read NIOS Admission 2021 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) that will help you in getting admission in class 10, 12 , D.El.Ed and Vocational Courses.
The National Institute of Open Schooling offers education to all the eligible candidates across the world through Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode. Therefore, those who want to explore their life in another filed, they can pursue their education through Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode from NIOS. Apart from this, the parents who are not financially strong to pay school fees for their children’s education, they can also go with the NIOS board.
NIOS Online Admission
Basically, you have 3 options to apply online to NIOS Class 10 & 12-
- To register online, directly go to the Student Portal of NIOS i.e. https://sdmis.nios.ac.in/ OR
- Go to the nearest AI (Study Centre)/Facilitation Centre and ask help for online registration to get admission. OR
- Visit the Regional Centre of NIOS and take help from them for NIOS Registration to Class 10 & Class 12.
At sdmis.nios.ac.in website, you may register yourself through online mode in 10th and 12th class via Stream 1 (Block 1 & Block 2).
What is Stream 1 (Block 1 and Block 2) in NIOS?
Well! The National Institute of Open Schooling used to conduct public examination twice in a year for Class 10 & 12 i.e. in March -April and October-November.
Therefore, those who want to appear first time in March-April public exam are required to take admission under Stream 1 (Block 1).
On the other hand, those who take admission under Stream 1 (Block 2) in NIOS may appear for the first time in October-November public exam.
- Those who take admission via NIOS Stream 1 (Block 1) – may appear first time for March-April Public Exam.
- On the other hand, those who take admission via NIOS Stream 1 (Block 2) – may appear first time for October-November Public Exam.
NIOS Online Registration Date
From the given below tables, you may check the admission date with or without late fees under Stream 1 Block 1 & Stream 1 Block 2.
Admission Last Date for Stream 1 (Block 1) – Not Open Now!
|Sr. No||Admission Date||Fees||Appear First time for Public Exam|
|1||16 March 2021– 31 July 2021||No Late Fees||May /April 2022|
|2||1 August 2021 – 15th August 2021||with late fee of Rs. 200/-|
|3||16 August 2021 – 31 August 2021||with late fee of Rs. 400/-|
|4||1 September 2021 – 15 September 2021||with late fee of Rs. 700/-|
Admission Last Date for Stream 1 (Block 2) – Open!
|Sr. No||Admission Date||Fees||Appear First time for Public Exam|
|1||16 Sept 2020– 31 January 2021||No Late Fees||October /November 2021|
|2||1 February 2021 – 15 February 2021||with late fee of Rs. 200/-|
|3||16 February 2021 – 28 February 2021||with late fee of Rs. 400/-|
|4||1 March 2021 – 15 March 2021||with late fee of Rs. 700/-|
Who can take admission to Secondary (Class 10) and Senior Secondary (Class 12) course in NIOS? It is mandatory to fulfil the given below eligibility criteria for admission to NIOS 2021-22.
- For 10th Class:- Students must be 8th class passed from the recognized board and the minimum age should be 14 years to be eligible to register online for NIOS 10th Admission.
- For 12th Class:- Students who have passed their class 10th and attained 15 years of age are eligible to register online for NIOS 12th Admission.
What are the documents required for online registration to admission to NIOS Secondary and Senior Secondary Level Courses? At the time of filling of NIOS Online Application Form for registration / admission, you are advised to keep the scan copy of the following documents in advance-
- ID Proof
- Birth Certificate
- Previous Qualification Certificate
- Address Proof
- Caste Certificate
NIOS Registration Procedure
What is the procedure of online registration in NIOS?
1. Firstly, visit online the NIOS Student Portal i.e. https://sdmis.nios.ac.in/.
2. On the home page, click on “Admission -> Academic->Stream 1 (Block 1) OR Stream 1 (Block 2) OR Stream 2”.
3. Now, fill the application form online with the correct information-
I). Choose State/UT
- Select State/UT
- Identity Type– Aadhaar/ Passport/ Ration Card/ Birth Certificate
- Identity Number– type the identity number of your identity type you have selected.
- Select Course– Secondary or Senior Secondary
II). Basic Details
- Name of Candidate
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Aadhaar Number
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Click on Generate OTP – Now, on your registered Mobile Number and Email ID, you will receive OTP that you need to submit to verify.
Address detail– Fill your Permanent Address and Correspondence Address correctly and completely.
- Category/ Caste
- Medium of Study– English/ Hindi/ Gujarati/ Malayalam/ Sanskrit/ Marathi/ Urdu
- Select Previous Qualification
- Previous Qualification Status – Failed/Compartment or Passed
Declaration– tick the declaration button.
III). Optional Details
- It is not mandatory to fill any detail mentioned under Optional details, so we will skip it totally.
- Apply for TOC- No/Yes
- Now, choose subjects from the list provided.
V). Study Center
You are required to select 3 study centers as per your preferences-
- District– Select the district where you want your NIOS Study Center.
VI). Document Upload
- Identity Document.
- Birth Certificate.
- Previous Qualification Certificate.
- Address Proof.
- Category/ Caste Certificate.
- Any Other Certificate.
- Review your application form thoroughly.
- Registration Fees:- Rs.1800/- for Male / Rs.1450/- for Female and Rs.1200/- for SC/ ST/ Ex-s/ PWD (For the compulsory 5 subjects only with no late fees for admission in 10th Class).
- Online Application Fees:- Rs.50/-
- Total Fees:- Rs.1850/- for Male / Rs.1500/- for Female and Rs.1250/- for SC/ ST/ Ex-s/ PWD.
NIOS Fees Structure for Online Admission in Stream 1 (For 5 compulsory subjects only)
|Sr. No||Name of Course||Male||Female||SC/ ST/ Ex-s/ PWD|
|1||Secondary (Class 10) for compulsory 5 subjects||Rs.1800/-||Rs.1450/-||Rs.1200/-|
|2||Sr. Secondary (Class 12) for compulsory 5 subjects||Rs.2000/-||Rs.1650/-||Rs.1300/-|
Note:- For the each additional subject, you are supposed to deposit Rs.720/- per subject.
Note:- The admission fee is totally different from the exam fee in NIOS. At the time of admission to NIOS, you will have to pay the admission fee. On the other hand, to appear in the exam you are required to pay the NIOS Exam Fees.
Now, to deposit the registration fees online for admission to NIOS 10th or 12th class, you may choose any of the banks mentioned below. After that, click on “Pay Now” and make the payment via Debit Card/ Credit Card// Net Banking
- CSC Wallet
Check NIOS Admission Status
The students who have online registered themselves for admission in Class 10 or Class 12 or Vocational Courses may check their admission status online. How?
- For that, you are required to visit online the https://sdmis.nios.ac.in/ website.
- Go to the particular page whose link is – https://sdmis.nios.ac.in/registration/check-admission-status
- Now, you may check NIOS Online Admission Status via entering your Email ID OR Reference Number OR Enrollment Number.
- At last, click on the “SUBMIT” button.
Finally! On your laptop or mobile screen, your admission status in NIOS will be displayed that is how you can check it online.
FAQs- Question & Answer
1. How to get admission in NIOS?
Answer: There is only one way to get admission in NIOS which is Online mode at https://sdmis.nios.ac.in/.
2. How to check admission status in NIOS?
Answer: After the submission of the online application form, you may check the admission status online at https://sdmis.nios.ac.in/registration/check-admission-status via your Enrollment Number/ Email ID/ Reference Number.
3. How to confirm admission in NIOS?
Answer: You will be informed about the confirmation of your admission to NIOS Board on your registered Email ID/ Mobile Number. Apart from this, you may even check your admission status online at https://sdmis.nios.ac.in/ website.
4. What documents required for NIOS admission?
Answer: The documents required for admission in Secondary & Senior Secondary level courses in NIOS are- Aadhaar Card, Birth Certificate, Previous Qualification Certificate, Caste Certificate, Your Photo and Signature.
5. How many subjects can I take at NIOS?
Answer: Well, you are required to take at least 5 compulsory subjects and the utmost 7 subjects for admission in NIOS.
6. Can i take admission with additional subject in NIOS?
Answer: Yes, you can take up to 2 additional subjects apart from the 5 compulsory subjects. Thus, in all, a learner can choose a maximum of seven subjects
7. What is the admission fee for registration in NIOS?
Answer: You are advised to go through the Admission Fees Structure detail which is mentioned above in this post.
8. What is the examination fee in NIOS?
Answer: To know the NIOS Examination Fees for Secondary and Sr. Secondary courses, you may go through this post – https://www.niosonline.in/nios-exam-fee/
9. Is there any fees concession during admission in NIOS?
Answer: Yes, the Female candidates of all the caste and male/ female candidates of SC/ ST/ Ex-S/ PwD category are allowed for fee concession as per norms.