NIOS On Demand Exam Registration 2021: The NIOS On Demand Exam Registration 2021 for the 10th and 12th class has been started from 1st March 2021. However, the NIOS On Demand Examination (ODE) for the Secondary and Sr. Secondary courses will be conducted from 15th March 2021 onwards.
The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) is known to provide flexibility to its students in Examination Process. We are talking about On-Demand Examination System (ODES) for Secondary (10th Class) and Sr. Secondary (12th Class) Level courses under NIOS Board. Those who are not aware of the NIOS On Demand Exam 2021 must go through the complete article and after that may register online as per details mentioned below.
NIOS board is the world’s largest open school where a large number of male/ female students had has been taking admission in Secondary, Sr. Secondary, Vocational Courses. Well! The NIOS On-Demand Examination System is for Class 10th / Class 12th Existing Learner and New Learner.
Note:- The On-Demand Examination Registration is Open on the first working day of every month.
NIOS On Demand Exam 2021
What is the meaning of On Demand Examination System (ODES)? This is the obvious question whose answer you must be looking for. Well! The On-Demand Examination means you may appear for the 10th / 12th class exam in One or All Subjects as per your choice throughout Year except April-May and October-November. On these months the NIOS board conducts the Public Examination for Class 10th and Class 12th students.
NIOS Board offers On-Demand Exam facility both for Existing Learners and New Learners of Secondary / Sr. Secondary Level.
- Existing Learner:- Those who have already taken admission in NIOS
- New Learner:- Those who haven’t taken admission in NIOS (Students of other recognized board i.e. CBSE/State Board).
NIOS On-Demand Registration 2021
Students who are looking forward to appearing for the On-Demand Exam 2021 are required to register themselves online through the NIOS Board website i.e. sdmis.nios.ac.in.
Basically, there are 2 types of Learners/ Students –
- NIOS ODES for Existing Learners (10th/ 12th) – Taken admission in NIOS
- NIOS ODES for New Learners (10th/12th)- Not taken admission in NIOS
Read Also>> What is Stream 1, 2, 3 and 4 in NIOS?
How to Register for NIOS ODES for Existing Learners (10th/ 12th)?
Those who are already enrolled with NIOS Board in 10th or 12th class and want to appear in the On Demand Exam are required to register online and deposit exam fees.
Steps for registration (for existing learners)-
- Visit online the official website of the National Institute of Open Schooling i.e. “sdmis.nios.ac.in”.
- Login with your Email ID/ Enrolment Number and Password.
- Now, under On-Demand Examination, click on “Registration for Examination” for existing learners only.
- Start registration for “On Demand Exam“.
- Select the Subjects in which you want to appear in the exam.
- Select Exam Centre, where you want to appear in the exam.
- View availability of seats for the exam centre you have selected.
- Deposit exam Fee for the selected subjects – through online mode via Debit Card/ Credit card / Net Banking.
- Now, select Date of the Exam from the available calendar.
- If the exam date that you have selected is not available then you may choose exam date from the calendar for the next month.
- After the exam date is booked successfully, login to the website and download your Hall Ticket/ Admit Card for the On Demand exam.
How to Register for NIOS ODES for New Learners (10th/12th)?
The 10th class passed or failed students of any recognized board may register online through NIOS Stream 3 for On Demand Exam to upgrade their marks in up to 4 subjects.
However, the other board’s 12th class passed or failed students may register online through NIOS Stream 4 for On Demand Exam to upgrade their marks in up to 4 subjects.
- Stream 3:- Registration for 10th Class students of other board to appear in On Demand Exam in NIOS.
- Stream 4:- Registration for 12th Class students of other board to appear in On Demand Exam in NIOS.
Steps for Registration (for New Learners)-
- Go to sdmis.nios.ac.in website of NIOS Board.
- Register for online admission to appear in On Demand Exam in NIOS 10th through Stream 3 and 12th through Stream 4.
- Go to “On Demand” and click on “Click Here for Register”.
- Enter your E-Mail ID and Password and then click on the “SUBMIT” button.
- After that, log in with the Email Id and Password correctly.
- Now, start filling the online form with basic details of student and previous Board details like Name of Board, Roll No., Year of enrolment etc.
- Select all the subjects that you have studied or appeared in the exam of the previous Board.
- Now, select the subjects in which you want to appear in the on demand exam.
- Select the NIOS Exam Centre where you want to appear for the On-Demand Exam.
- View seat availability in the exam centre chosen by you.
- Make the fee payment online via Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
- Select the date of on demand exam from the calendar.
- If the exam date chosen by you is not available then choose the exam date from the calendar for the next month.
- After the exam date is finalized and booked, download your admit card from the dashboard.
Note:- Those who take admission in NIOS Stream 3 and NIOS Stream 4 for Secondary and Sr. Secondary Level respectively through On-Demand Examination System could not appear in the Public Examination.
NIOS On Demand Exam Fees
The NIOS On Demand Exam Fees 2021 for the Existing and New Learners of class 10 and 12 is given below.
For Existing Learners
|Class||On Demand Exam Fees|
|10th Class||Rs.500/- per Subject for Theory + Rs.200/- per subject for Practical|
|12th Class||Rs.500/- per Subject for Theory + Rs.200/- per subject for Practical|
For New Learners (Stream 2, 3 and 4)
|Class||Registration Fees||Exam Fees|
|10th Class||Rs.480/- per Subject||Rs.500/- per Subject for Theory + Rs.200/- per subject for Practical|
|12th Class||Rs.480/- per Subject||Rs.500/- per Subject for Theory + Rs.200/- per subject for Practical|
NIOS On Demand Hall Ticket 2021
Those who registered online for 10th and 12th class On Demand Exam are required to download Admit Card or Hall Ticket from the official website.
After the successful registration for On-Demand Exam, you need to download NIOS On Demand Hall Ticket 2021 after login to sdmis.nios.ac.in website with your Enrolment Number/ Email and password.
NIOS Board ODES Result 2021
On Demand Exam – Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
1. Can I register offline for On Demand Exam in NIOS?
Answer: No, there is only online mode for registration of On Demand Exam for Class 10 and 12 in NIOS board. On sdmis.nios.ac.in website, you may register online and deposit exam fees for NIOS On Demand Exam.
2. When can I give NIOS On Demand Exam?
Answer: The online registration for NIOS On Demand Exam remains open throughout the year except in the months when NIOS board conducts the public exam. So, you can appear for the 10th/12th On Demand exam in NIOS throughout the year except in the months of public exam.
3. Where can I give NIOS On Demand Exam?
Answer: The NIOS board conducts the On Demand Examination for the Class 10 and 12 at –
- NIOS Head Quarter, Noida
- NIOS Regional Centres
- Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs)
So, at the time of registration for On Demand Exam in NIOS, you have to select the exam centre where you want to appear for the exam.
4. Can I change the NIOS On Demand Exam Centre?
Answer: If you have deposited the on demand exam fees then you can’t change your exam centre.
5. Is NIOS On Demand Exam is for the failed students?
Answer: No, the NIOS On Demand Examination System (ODES) is for all the passed or failed students of NIOS and other recognized boards who want to upgrade their marks.