NIOS On Demand Exam for class 10th and 12th are starting from 15 March 2021 onwards. Those who want to appear in the NIOS On Demand Exam may start online registration and deposit exam fees from 1st March 2021.
The National Institute of Open Schooling will conduct On Demand Examination for Secondary and Senior Secondary courses at NIOS Head Quester, NIOS Regional Centres and Kendriya Vidyalayas.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NIOS board stopped the On Demand Examination after March 2020 and now the registration process has been resumed from 1 March 2021.
What is On Demand Exam in National Institute of Open Schooling and what does it mean?
If we talk about the On Demand Exam in a very simple language then it means that you can give 10th or 12th class examination anytime of the year except April-May and October-November. In the month of April-May and October-November, the NIOS Board conducts the public examination of class 10 & 12.
The On Demand Examination System (ODES) of NIOS Board is very popular among its students as this system provides them the flexibility to appear for the Secondary and Senior Secondary Class exam in the month of their choice.
You have to register online to appear in On-Demand Examination and also you have to deposit exam fees which you can do online via Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking.
Who can give NIOS On Demand Exam?
Here, it is important to know that besides 10th and 12th students of NIOS board, students of other boards like CBSE / any State Board can also give exam under NIOS On Demand Examination.
The students of Other Boards (CBSE/ any State Board) who have failed in the Class 10 & 12 exam or want to improve their marks in any subject/s may appear for the On Demand Exam offered by NIOS Board.
The NIOS Existing and New Learners are eligible to appear for On Demand Examination and all they need to do is Online Registration and make exam fee payment.
- Existing Learners:- those who have already taken admission in class 10 & 12 NIOS board.
- New Learners:- those who have not taken admission in NIOS board. (Students of Other Board like CBSE/ ICSE/ any State Board).
What are the advantages of On Demand Exam for students?
NIOS On Demand Examination System is very beneficial for 10th and 12th class students, know how?-
- Students may appear for the on demand exam in the month of their choice.
- Other board students who failed in the Class 10 & 12 may appear for the NIOS On Demand exam in the failed subjects and thus they can save their one year.
- In ODES, it is not necessary for students to appear in all subjects rather they can opt for one subject at a time. Similarly, when they are prepared for other subjects then they can give On Demand Exam in that subject/s in the month of their choice.
- Even if you are not satisfied with the marks obtained in any of your subject/s, you can improve it by giving the On Demand Examination till you are satisfied.
- Very helpful in reducing the mental pressure of students to appear for exam.
- Provide flexibility to its students in choosing the exam date and subject.
- The result is declared in the next month after the exam is over.
NIOS On Demand Exam Registration
1. For Existing Learners
Those who took admission in for NIOS 10th or 12th Class under Stream 1 Block 1 can only apply online for On Demand Exam Registration after April/ May public exam.
Similarly, the learners who took admission in NIOS Secondary or Sr. Secondary course under Stream 1 Block 2 can only do registration for On Demand Exam after October/ November public exam.
Registration Process for Existing Learners-
- Visit online the sdmis.nios.ac.in website and login with your Email ID/ Enrolment Number and Password.
- Click on “On Demand” and Register online through OTP on Mobile and Email.
- To appear in the On Demand Exam, you are required to select the Subjects.
- Select Exam Centre where you want to appear for the On Demand Exam.
- View the Seat availability of the Exam Centre.
- Make the exam fee payment for the selected subjects.
- Select the Exam Date.
- If the exam date of your choice is not available then choose the dates for next month.
- Seats will be allotted as per the availability.
2. For New Learners
Students of other boards (CBSE/ ICSE / State Board) who have passed or failed in the class 10 or 12 may take admission to appear for the NIOS On demand Exam to upgrade their marks or get chance to pass in the failed subjects.
They are required to do registration for NIOS On Demand Exam under Stream 3 (Class 10) and Stream 4 (Class 12) for admission and may select up to 4 subjects to upgrade their marks.
- Stream 3 – For admission to NIOS Secondary Course to appear in On Demand Exam.
- Stream 4 – For admission to NIOS Sr. Secondary Course to appear in On Demand Exam.
Registration Process for New Learners-
- Go to https://sdmis.nios.ac.in/ website and click on “On Demand”.
- Select Stream 3 for online admission in Secondary Level Course for On Demand Examination or Select Stream 4 for online admission in Sr. Secondary Level Course.
- Now, Enter your Email ID and Password.
- Verify the Email ID.
- Login with your registered Email ID and Password.
- Start filling the registration form with previous board details and marks details of all subjects (passed/failed).
- Upload the relevant documents as asked.
- Select one or upto 4 subjects in which you want to appear in the On Demand Exam.
- View the Seat availability of the Exam Centre.
- Deposit the fee for the selected subjects.
- Now, Select the Date of the Exam from the calendar.
- If the desired date of the exam is not available then choose dates from the calendar for next month.
- Seats will be allotted as per the availability.
After the Dates are successfully booked (for Existing & New Learners)
- Login to your Dashboard with Email ID and Password at sdmis.nios.ac.in website.
- Download your Identity Card and Hall Ticket for the On Demand Exam.
- Contact the exam Centre for the Practical Exam.
Check Seat Availability
You may online check the seat availability on the desired date in the exam centre of your choice at https://sdmis.nios.ac.in/. Accordingly, you may start online registration for NIOS ODES and appear for the exam.
NIOS On Demand Exam Fees
Now let’s talk about how much fees Existing and New Learners will have to pay for the On Demand Examination.
For Existing Learners-
|Sr. No.||Class||Exam Fees|
|1||For Class 10||Rs.500/- per Subject + Rs.200/- for Practical per Subject|
|2||For Class 12||Rs.500/- per Subject + Rs.200/- for Practical per Subject|
For New Learners-
|Sr. No.||Stream||Class||Registration Fees||Exam Fees|
|1||Stream 3||For Class 10||Rs.480/- per Subject + Rs.50/-Cost of Online Application Form||Rs.500/- per Subject + Rs.200/- for Practical per Subject|
|2||Stream 4||For Class 12||Rs.480/- per Subject+ Rs.50/-Cost of Online Application Form||Rs.500/- per Subject + Rs.200/- for Practical per Subject|
Mode of Payment-
Learners may deposit the NIOS On Demand Exam Fees for the Secondary and Senior Secondary Course through Online via- Credit Card/ Debit Card / Net Banking.
NIOS On Demand Exam Date
NIOS conducts On Demand Exam every month except April-May and October-November. The on demand exam day of Theory and Practical subjects are given below-
Exam Day for Theory Paper:-
- At Regional Centres– Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday (2.00 pm to 5.00 pm)
- At NIOS Head Quarter, Noida– Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (2.00 pm to 5.00 pm)
- At Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs) – Wednesday and Thursday
Exam Day for Practical Paper:-
- Every Friday/Saturday.
Venue for Theory paper:-
- At all the Regional Centres, and
- At the Head Quarter at NOIDA
- At Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs)
Venue for Practical Paper:-
- At NIOS AI (study centre)
After the successful registration for the NIOS On Demand Exam, you may download Hall Ticket from the Dashboard after Login to sdmis.nios.ac.in website.
The National Institute of Open Schooling conducts On Demand exam every month (except April-May and October-November) and its result is also declared in the next month of the exam.
FAQs- NIOS On Demand Question and Answer
1. What is NIOS On Demand Exam?
Answer:- As the name suggests, whenever students are well prepared to sit for the exam, then they can give 10th and 12th class exams through On Demand Examination System (ODES) by NIOS.
2. How to apply for On Demand Exam in NIOS?
Answer:- There is only Online mode to apply for On Demand Exam in NIOS through https://sdmis.nios.ac.in/ website.
Go through the above mentioned Registration process for the On Demand Examination.
3. How to pass NIOS On Demand Exam?
Answer:- The best way to pass the On Demand Exam is to go through the previous 5 years Question Papers thoroughly.
4. Who can give on demand exam in NIOS?
Answer:- All the Existing and New Learners are eligible to give on demand exam in NIOS.
- Existing Learners – who have already taken admission in NIOS 10 & 12
- New Learners – who appeared in 10th and 12th Class exam from other recognized board but want to improve their marks in 1 or upto 4 subjects or other board failed students are also eligible for NIOS On Demand Exam.
5. Is NIOS On Demand Exam Valid?
Answer:- Yes, the NIOS On Demand Exam is valid. The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) is a recognized Open Schooling Board that comes under the Union Government of India.
6. Is NIOS On Demand Exam tough?
Answer:- Comparatively to the public exam, it has been seen that the On Demand Exam is easy to some extent. But we are not making any formal confirmation of this here.
7. Is NIOS On Demand Examination only for the failed students?
Answer:- No, the NIOS On demand Examination is not only for the failed students of class 10 and 12. Rather those who have passed the exam from the NIOS or other recognized board they can also appear for the On Demand exam to improve their marks in any subject/s.
8. Can I appear for public examination after taking admission in NIOS Stream 3 and Stream 4?
Answer:- No, after taking admission in NIOS Stream 3 (for 10th class) and Stream 4 (for class 12)through On-Demand Examination System, you con not appear in the Public Examination.