What is SWAYAM?
SWAYAM “Study Webs of Active Learning for Young Aspiring Minds” is an online learning portal of Govt. of India where Class 9 to Post Graduate levels various courses are available for everyone at free of cost. By registering on the Swayam portal, you can enroll yourself in any course offered by UGC, NPTEL, NIOS, IGNOU, NCERT, AICTE, CEC, IIMB and NITTTR for free. All the courses available on this portal are prepared by 9 National Coordinators i.e. UGC, NPTEL, CEC, IGNOU, NCERT, NIOS, IIM-B, NITTTR & AICTE.
Well! The main objective of Govt of India to run SWAYAM portal is to provide the best teaching learning resources to all the citizens of India. Those who are poor or living in villages where the quality of education is not good may take this opportunity to learn online at free of cost from the teachers of reputed colleges and Universities.
SWAYAM – Online Learning portal is meant for every citizen of India who wants to learn any course from Class 9 to Post Graduate level for free and may get a certificate after passing the exam with the payment of little fees.
The learning is free of Cost on SWAYAM portal & App. Really? Yes, there is no fee for registration and enrolment in any course. All the aspiring learners are informed to take the benefit of such platform, join any course to learn from the reputed lecturers.
After joining the course at SWAYAM, you will be accessed to High Quality Video Lectures by best teachers, Study Material, E-Book as PDF to download, MCQs, Assignments etc at free of cost. Rather, after the completion of the course if you want a certificate in that particular course then you will have to appear for the exam with a fee of Rs.1000/- approximately.
It’s up to you whether you want a certificate in any course from Swayam or just want to join the course for learning purposes only.
If you want to join any course for learning purposes only then it is totally free of cost from registering to enrollment. But, if you want a certificate then you need to pay little fees of Rs.1000/- (approx.) and pass the exam.
Read Also>>NIOS Admission to Class 10 and 12
What are the benefits of SWAYAM portal? Let’s go through the few important benefits-
1. Totally Free:-
- All courses are free.
- Registration is free.
- Enrolment in any Course is free.
- Online Learning in any course is free.
- Class 9 to Post Graduate Level various Courses available.
- Free access to High Quality Video Lectures by teachers/ professors from the reputed colleges/ universities.
- Free e-Book available to download as PDF.
- Direct Discussion between the instructor and the student to clear any doubt.
4. Weekly Assignments:-
- After joining any course, you will be provided assignments on weekly basis.
- Complete the course and pass the exam to get certificate.
- Pay little (approx. Rs.1000/-) to get certificate.
- All courses related to Engineering, Science, Humanities, Language, Commerce, Arts, Management, General, Yoga, Library, Education are available on the SWAYAM portal.
SWAYAM Certificates are Valid
Is the Swayam certificate valid or not? The certificates you get from SWAYAM are completely valid certificates.
It is an online learning portal run by the Ministry of Education, Government of India and the certificate that you will get after completing and passing the exam in any course will be completely valid.
After the completion of the course and passed in the exam, you will receive a valid certificate that you may use in getting a job and admission in any Private & Government sector.
Who are the Co-ordinators of Swayam?
The Ministry of Education, Government of India has appointed 9 Co-ordinators who have prepared the courses available on this portal.
- UGC (University Grants Commission)
- NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning)
- CEC (Consortium for Educational Communication)
- IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University)
- NCERT (National Council of Educational Research and Training)
- NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling)
- IIM-B (Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore)
- NITTTR (National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research)
- AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education)
At SWAYAM, you can learn all the courses of 9 Co-ordinators (UGC, NPTEL, NIOS, IGNOU, NCERT, AICTE, CEC, IIMB and NITTTR).
There are Class 9 to Postgraduate level many courses available in the disciplines of Arts, Sciences, Humanities, Engineering, Technology, Law, Medicine, Agriculture, Commerce, Management, Yoga etc.
- UGC:- for Non Technical and Post Graduate/ PG students
- NPTEL:- 419 Courses (for Engineering students)
- CEC:- 108 Courses (for Under Graduate/ UG students)
- IGNOU:- 37 Courses (for Distance learning students)
- NCERT:- 30 Courses (for Class 9 / 10/11/ 12)
- NIOS:- 44 Courses (14 at Secondary Level; 16 at Sr. Secondary Level; 4 Vocational Courses; 10 D.El.Ed Courses)
- IIM-B:- 26 Courses (for Management students)
- NITTTR:- 19 Courses (for Teacher Training Programmes)
- AICTE:- 115 Courses (for Technical and International Courses)
It is the only platform where you may learn any course at any time offered by UGC, NPTEL, NIOS, IGNOU, NCERT, AICTE, CEC, IIMB and NITTTR at free of cost.
- NPTEL all engineering courses are available here.
- NIOS (Class 10/ Class 12/ Vocational / D.El.Ed) courses are available here.
- IGNOU all distance learning courses are available on this portal.
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore offers all its management courses here.
- UGC all courses are available here.
- All the undergraduates related courses of CEC are available here.
- NCERT courses in all subjects for Class 9/ 10/ 11 and 12 are available here.
- Teacher Training Programme related all courses of NITTTR are available here.
- AICTE offers all its Technical and International Courses on this platform.
What is the pattern of course on SWAYAM?
Any course you will join use the following pattern-
- e-Tutorials:- Video Lectures by best teachers of Swayam’s 9 Co-ordinators.
- E-Content:- Study materials/ e-Book downloadable / PDF
- Self Assessment:- Learners will be provided MCQ, Assignments to check their self assessment.
- Discussion Form:- Provide facility to students and teachers to do online discussion to resolve any doubt .
How to register on SWAYAM Portal?
As we’ve already told you above that you need to do registration on SWAYAM portal to join any course for online learning.
Follow the steps to do registration-
Step 1. Visit online the SWAYAM portal i.e. swayam.gov.in.
Step 2. On the home page, click on “Register” button.
Step 3. Now, click on “Sign up Now” as shown below.
Step 4. Fill the following entries – Username, New Password, Confirm New Password, Email Address.
Step 5. Click on “Send Verification Code”. You will receive a code on your Email ID that you need to enter here.
Step 6. After verification, click on “Create” button.
How to join any course on SWAYAM?
Steps to join or enroll in any course available on the portal-
Step 1. Go to SWAYAM portal and do Login with Username and password.
Step 2. Now, on the home page click on “All Courses” as shown below in screenshot.
Step 3. Now, you can filter your search from the left side menus or directly search your course by typing on search box.
Step 4. Select “National Coordinator” from the drop-down menu of your choice.
Step 5. Suppose, I selected NIOS because I wanted to join the course of Class 10 subject.
Step 6. Now, you can see a list of all NIOS courses.
Step 7. I selected “Accountancy 224” Course offered by NIOS on SWAYAM.
Step 8. Now, you need to click on “JOIN” button for enrolment.
Step 9. Fill out the following details- Name, Mobile Number, Age Group, Country, Profession, Qualification, Year of Passing, State, City and tick mark the two boxes. At last, click on “Save” button.
Step 10. Now, you may start learning your Course online.
What is Swayam Prabha?
Those who are living in remote areas where internet is not accessible, they can’t do registration on SWAYAM portal for online learning. For them, the Ministry of Education, Government of India has introduced “SWAYAM Prabha” which is a set of 32 DTH channels.
On these 32 channels, you may see the lecturers on various courses offered by UGC, NPTEL, NIOS, IGNOU, NCERT, AICTE, CEC, IIMB and NITTTR.
FAQs – Swayam Portal related Question and Answer
1. Who can register on SWAYAM Portal?
Answer:- Anyone who is interested in Online learning for any course from Class 9 to Post Graduate level can register online on this portal.
2. Is Swayam Certificate Valid?
Answer:- Yes, the certificate you will receive from SWAYAM after the completion of course and passed in the exam is valid.
3. How to delete Swayam Account?
Answer:- To delete your account, log in to portal and then go to Settings. Now, you are required to click on “Deactivate Your Account”.
4. How to unenroll from Swayam Course?
Answer:- If the Course has been started on Swayam then you can not unenroll from this course. Otherwise, if the course has not been started then you can unenroll from the course. How?
- Login to portal account.
- Go to My Courses.
- Select the course in which you want to unenroll yourself.
- Finally, click on “Un-Enroll” button.
5. Are all courses on SWAYAM free?
Answer:- Yes, all the available courses on portal are free for Online learning purpose.
6. Is there any fees to get SWAYAM Certificate?
Answer:- Yes, to get a certificate of any course, you need to pay a little amount of Rs.1000/- approx.
7. How to get certificate from SWAYAM?
Answer:- To get a certificate, you need to do free registration on the portal to join the course. After the completion of the course you need to pass the exam thereafter you will receive a certificate.
8. Can I join more than one course on SWAYAM at a time?
Answer:- Yes, definitely – you may enroll for as many courses as you want at a time.
9. Are the SWAYAM Certificates valid to get Govt and Private Jobs?
Answer:- Yes, you may get Government and Private job after getting a certificate from this portal.